At Genesis, our philosophy is simple – bring to life the sorts of bikes we enjoy riding. Luckily for us a good fair few of your share our thought path!
We’re not the biggest out there but our size does afford us to take a few risks; namely to push through bikes that bigger companies might deem to fringe or oddball to ever grace their range. If we enjoy riding it and think there’ll be enough folks out there that will too, then its fair game in our eyes! We’re sticklers for detail, going to the nth degree to try and wring out every last bit of performance whilst keeping things accessible.
Materials snobs we are not, and, depending on what’s best for given bike and intended usage you’ll find carbon, Titanium, steel and Aluminium all used across the range to good effect.
Most of our bikes will have ‘built-in’ practicalities (we’re not one to pigeonhole a bikes usage) that will enable you to use them daily across many different scenarios. Design and technology working in perfect harmony in a thoroughly thought through, practical package.
Since 1983 Ridgeback has been creating high quality bicycles used for everything from round the world adventures to daily commutes.Our 2019 range sees additions to our ever popular touring range and also a new E-Bike in the form of Cyclone. Specified with a pannier rack and full length mudguards, Cyclone is the perfect alternative to unreliable public transport or expensive car running costs.
Whatever your budget or riding style, we’re sure that that you’ll find a Ridgeback that’s right for you. Once you’ve found the bike that matches your needs, search for your nearest stockist at ridgeback.co.uk then go along and test it for yourself.
For more than 60 years, LAPIERRE has combined technological innovation, aesthetics, attention to detail
and its experience in the most important races to offer the most beautiful and efficient bikes to aficionados.
Whatever your ride, road or MTB competition, leisure, sport or fitness, you will find the bike of your dreams in the LAPIERRE collection, be it a mountain bike, road bike, city or all-road bike. All of our bikes are created in France, according to the finest rules in this domain.
Already the leader in high-end MTB on the French market, the LAPIERRE brand is conquering the rest of the world.
Optimizing the weight of our bikes is still a major goal for us. Even if our bikes are some of the lightest on the market, we refuse to take useless risks that could compromise the reliability of our bikes.
STARTED IN 1983, SARACEN WAS A LEADING BIKE COMPANY FROM THE VERY BEGINNING AND BUILT ONE OF THE UK’S FIRST MOUNTAIN BIKES.In 1984 two of the first Saracen Mountain bikes were ridden to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro by Nick and Richard Crane and the brand was a market leader during the early 1990s. In 2009, the brand was acquired by Madison, the number one distributer of bicycles, parts and accessories in the UK, and has undergone significant investment to return it to the top-tier.
Building great bikes. That’s what we do. It’s the focus of our small team at Saracen and we’re really proud and passionate. We have travelled many thousands of miles on the humble bicycle and over the past three decades watched them develop, innovate and evolve. We’ve seen trends and fashion come and go but one thing remains: that feeling of being on a bike. The freedom it gives, the relaxation, the adrenalin, the passion and the overall love of bikes.
The Science in Sport brand is trusted by professional and Olympic athletes in a range of sports, across the world. A key component of this trust is our approach to preventing banned substances entering its supply chain and finished products. Each year an internal review of the banned substance prevention regime takes place, and from January 2018 an upgraded system has been implemented. The regime is built on the following pillars:
• Are the only brand globally to hold both Informed Sport Site Certification and Informed Sport Product Certification.
• Every single batch of Science in Sport finished product which leaves the Company’s factory is screened against the 2018 World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list. Banned substances including steroids are tested to the level of 10 Nanograms per gram, and stimulants to 100 Nanograms per gram. Equivalent to finding a $1 bill in a pile of $1bn of $1 bills.
• Batches (sampled at the beginning, during and end of each product batch) receive the recognised and respected Informed Sport certificate. Finished product testing is the final and most effective step that we have to ensure product assurance.
The above standard of testing is carried out by a very small number in the sports nutrition industry and no other brand globally holds both the Informed Sport Site Certification and Informed Sport Product Certification. In addition to this, we also:
• Carry out raw material batch testing as well as finished goods testing for anything deemed ‘high-risk’
• Maintain full trace management of all raw materials from raw material base and manufacturing supplier, through to finished goods manufactured per production batch. This allows us to demonstrate to athletes the source of their ingredients and all parties involved in the manufacturing process.
• Implement rigorous screening of all ingredient suppliers, including annual auditing. All suppliers are required to be certified to a recognised Quality Management system that is approved by The Global Food Safety Initiative.
• Screen our production facility in Nelson, Lancashire, including swab testing for banned substances and conduct surprise third-party inspections throughout the year
THIS IS JUST SCARE TACTICS & SURELY THIS IS ONLY FOR PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES?Not every athlete is tested as part of their training & competition routine. However, we don’t support the approach of having one rule for professionals and one rule for amateur athletes and instead offer our world class assurance programme to everyone. Whilst not all amateur athletes aren’t tested formally for banned substances we recognise the growing importance of giving quality assurance to everyone that our product is certified to be free of banned substances.
We commit that what we make available to the general public is absolutely the same as what is used at the elite level.
OUR CLAIMS AROUND BANNED SUBSTANCES. HAVE REAL SUBSTANCE.Science in Sport over the last 25 years have developed a reputation at the highest level of international sport and a supporting element is our approach to banned substances. We were in fact the first nutrition brand in the world to be awarded the Informed Sport Evolved Accreditation designation. To reach this point we have significantly invested into our process, each year looking for opportunities to drive improvements. Not all of our competitors can say the same. We have previously seen the following misleading messaging used in marketing materials:
We are located at :
Unit 2 Anglesea House,
We can be contacted in any number of ways, such as :
Phone : 353 52 6121146
email : email@example.com
twitter : @worldwidecycles
facebook: worldwide cycles
instagram: Worldwide Cycles
or you can just call in for a chat.